BIOBEDS research project consists of 7 interconnected work packages. The first two sets deal with management issues and the project's coordination by cp FOODLAB LTD which is the project's contractor as well as the dissemination of the results. This website has been constructed within the framework of the dissemination of the results.
The rest five work packages concern interconnected experimental work that include the development and optimization of the biobeds systems in three successive experimental levels:
- Laboratory evaluation
- Biobeds evaluation in small scale (column experiments)
- Biobeds evaluation in the field.
A brief description of the WP that concern the biobeds development by the Research Group is outlined below;
- Assemblage and characterization of substrates for integration into biobed filling biomixtures.
- Development of analytical methods of detecting PP in filling biomixtures and liquid substrates.
- Evaluation of plant protecting products behaviour in selected filling biomixtures - laboratory scale.
- Evaluation of plant protecting products behaviour in selected filling biomixtures - column experiments.
- Construction and evaluation of pilot biobeds in field level.