“…This land was borrowed from our ancestors and it will be offered to our children and descendants…”
In cooperation with European and local establishments, governmental and private organizations, unions and local authorities we help by testing the quality of the water, refuse, and sewage for the purpose of determining the dangerous substances which end up in the environment.
The laboratory tests for and analyzes samples such as soil, surface and well water, sea water, contaminated land etc.
It has participated in projects for the decontamination of land and water for contaminants such as oil and pesticides.
It also tests for microbiological and chemical contamination in open and office spaces used by people for the purpose of establishing the quality of space as a working or living environment.
The laboratory also tests for air contaminants from industrial processes, industrial chimneys, and other similar functions.
It evaluates the quality of the environment in hospitals, schools and living places of special groups of the population.
Some of the typical evaluations performed are:
- Chemical and microbiological examination of water, sewage/solid refuge, and air,
- Soil analyses (chemical and microbiological),
- Sick building evaluations,
- Heavy metal determination (water, soil, air, sewage, refuse),
- Pesticide determination in water, sewage, soil, and air,
- PAH’s determination in water, sewage, and soil, and
- Contaminants in air such as VOCs, metals, NOx, CΟ, CΟ2 Ο3, hydrocarbons, anions, cations, PM’s, microorganisms.